Monday, September 13, 2010

Unconditional Love

"Love has no conditions. When we put conditions, when we put barriers and boundaries, then we lose love. Love is condition-less. Love is barrier-less. Look at the moon, sun, stars, trees. . . they are just on for everyone. When our love also flows for everyone, you become very natural."




Pujya Swamiji

My dad called Saturday night and stated that so far this month he has had 2 transfusions and platelets given to him.  He sounds so depressed.  His foot is still swollen and hurts so much.  I asked if he talked to the nurses when he had his transfusion on Thursday, but he stated they were so busy with other patients he didn't want to bother them.  Sounds like my dad.
 
My parents brought me up in a loving home.  Here's the thing.  I was adopted and when I think about other people who could have adopted me, my birth mother who contacted me and stated immediately in her letter to me "To my loving daughter", I truly have no misgivings of these 2 people who loved me as their own.
 
Although we didn't always see eye to eye, that's an expectation that should and needs to be realized in this day and age.  My mom and dad didn't have a lot of money so I worked at an early age but it gave me good morales and that dependancy every child needs. I was not their friend, I was their daughter.  They allowed me to make mistakes, learn from those mistakes and were always there to talk to them and not be criticized.  Although I thought in my mind they were always so harsh on me growing up and I would never do the same to my children, I too was harsh on my children.  Is this unconditional love?  It is being there for you when your life has gone totally array and you don't know who to turn to.  It is being unjudgemental and just listening when one needs to talk things through and within that, you get your answers.  It is not making someone into who you are, for that is not allowing a person to grow.  It is being the best parents in the world who I have more gratitude and love for.  I wish I could take away all their pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment