Tuesday, December 7, 2010

October 11th, 2010 - The Flight Back

It's been a while since I have blogged and realize the need to continue, which was in the first place, for my children.

Thank goodness for such good friends, those who get you to an airport and then pick you up at an airport.  So off we went to pick up dad's car so I wouldn't have to rely on anyone and then to the hospital.  When I got to the hospital the first thing daddy stated was "what the hell are you doing here"?  Nice welcome.  Oh well, that's my dad!  So you ask him the same question back.  He informed me that he had gotten up to go to the bathroom and fell.  He stated he yelled and pounded on the floor for about 20 minutes until someone heard him and got the staff to come up to the room.  Gosh I wished I hadn't gone home on Saturday and stayed a few more days.  The thought of him lying there with no one to help him made me feel so ill.

Because it was a holiday there were of course no doctor's.  I spoke with the nurses in the intensive care unit that he was in, and they stated that his vitals were not well but I would have to wait until the next day to talk to the doctor.  After asking what time they would be in, I knew the next morning would be an early one, but also was informed that I could come and go as I pleased. 

Dad was receiving blood transfusions, his arm looked horrible, swollen and a bit bruised, and I knew he was in a lot of pain.  Due to the CMML there was a need to be careful with the types of drugs they could give him, as he needed to continue his treatment of oral chemotherapy.

You do everything you can to help make people feel comfortable, but with his right arm shattered at the rotator cuff and his right leg and knee also giving him a lot of pain, it was difficult. 

This however was the continuance of nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment